"Seeking and Sharing the Love of God"
Following the teachings of Jesus, we promote spiritual wellness, respect creation and work for justice.
We gather to worship and work as a nurturing community, fostering a spirit of understanding and acceptance.
Westminster dates from 1837, when a Presbyterian congregation was organized at Orangeville. The United Church of Canada was created in 1925 with the union of Methodist, Congregational and Presbyterian churches. Westminster congregation was formed in 1948 when St. Andrew's and First Avenue United joined. The church building, designed by Cornelius J. Soule of Guelph, was completed in 1879 as Zion Presbyterian, renamed St. Andrews in 1880. The spire height reaches 140 feet and the interior reflects the renovations of 1976. The large windows, interior woodwork and Casavant organ date from 1950. The bishops eye and large windows are original glass from 1879.
Sunday Worship is at 10:30 am Summer Worship service is at 10:00 am
No group posts at this time.