Well... my birthday earlier this month was different in that my family was actually in town...
As a result, I got some birthday money and decided that being responsible is absolutely no fun at all. I decided I should spend it on something I would normally never spend it on.
So... after poking around a bit, I booked myself into one of the (if not THE) poshest spa in the city for their Hamam treatment.
Hamam is apparently a Turkish Bath. I'm doing the fully loaded package:
- I arrive, shower, and am given slippers and a small towel to wrap around my waist.
- I'm given Turkish tea and a small treat to sustain me through the treatment.
- I go into a heated room and rub aromatic salt on me and wait around for 15 minutes or so.
- An attendant will rinse me off and then I'm led into another hot room to relax for an hour or so.
- An attendant will retrieve me and take me to a private room where I will be soaped and scrubbed down from head to toe with an olive oil soap.
- An attendant will give me a flexibility-enhancing stretching massage.
I have NEVER been to a spa and I have NEVER had a massage. I'm a bit nervous.
This happens on the afternoon of Friday, April 1.
Anyone done this before???