redbaron338's picture

redbaron338

image

Someone Actually Wrote and Sang These?

You Stuffed My Heart in an Old Tin Can and Shot It Off a Log.

You Ran Over My Dog the Night You Backed Out of My Life.

 

Yes, folks, the titles of two actual songs acually written and recorded.  What's the strangest title for a piece of music that you've ever heard?

Share this

Comments

BethanyK's picture

BethanyK

image

I lobster then I flounder

 

Good old CBC

ninjafaery's picture

ninjafaery

image

My brother's good at composing these and playing them on his guitar.

My favourite one is:

Hannibal got over the Alps, Darlin'

But I'll never get over you.

ninjafaery's picture

ninjafaery

image

redbaron338's picture

redbaron338

image

Thanks NF!  Can't believe they negelcted to include it in Voices United!  (jk, I think)  Sort of ranks up there with a Ray Stevens (if memory serves) song, Would Jesus Wear A Rolex on His Television Show.

DKS's picture

DKS

image

You forget "Dead Skunk In The Middle of the Road" 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Skunk

 


Tyson's picture

Tyson

image

DKS wrote:

You forget "Dead Skunk In The Middle of the Road" 

 

 

In some parts, that's also called dinner.

ShamanWolf's picture

ShamanWolf

image

 There are a couple strange titles from USS:

"Hollowpoint Sniper Hyperbole" (clearly, they were just sticking random words together) and "Porno Star Trek".

Tabitha's picture

Tabitha

image

As well as the "Dead skunk in the middle of the raod" as mentioned

I always liked

"my girl Bill"

Dcn. Jae's picture

Dcn. Jae

image

There used to be a televangelist named Pastor Gene Scott. Here is a happy little tune that he wrote...

 

"Kill Some Pissants for Jesus

A giant is easy to spot in a fight. The roar of a lion will muster your might.
The challenge of mountains that loom into view will bring forth raw
courage from me and from you.
But those little pissants will crawl up your thigh and then without
warning will bite you real high.
Remember small foxes can spoil a good vine, so stop hard and be
so inclined to--

Kill some pissants for Jesus. Grind ‘em right through the floor.
Kill some pissants for Jesus and then kill one pissant more.
Be sure to give God the glory for knowledge that sets spirits free.
Kill some pissants for Jesus then kill some pissants for me."

 

(Source: http://forums.randi.org/archive/index.php/t-75384.html )

jensamember's picture

jensamember

image

I'm still in Dr.Horrible mode...one line sings "it's not enough to bash in heads, you've got to bash in minds!"...I know there are more...

Northwind's picture

Northwind

image

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body (Would You Hold It Against Me)

by

The Bellamy Brothers

 

jon71's picture

jon71

image

I love the Ray Stevens, "would JESUS wear a Rolex". That's actually got a great (and very true) message. Just for laughts I'm pretty sure he has one titled "get your tongue out of my mouth, I'm kissing you goodbye". Also I've had this in my head for so many years I forget if I came up with it or a friend did, or if we heard it some where.

 

(to the tune of "yesterday" by the Beatles).

 

Leprosy. All my skin is falling off of me.

I'm not half the man I used to be,

oh, I've contracted, Leprosy.

graeme's picture

graeme

image

Well, there was that old western favourite:

I've got tears in my ears

from lying on my back in my bed while I cry over you.

musicsooths's picture

musicsooths

image

any parody by  well crap \i can't remember his name \please help. \he did things like \\\'eat it, Weinie in a bottle Etc. \\\just popped into my a\head Weird Al \yankowich.

Tyson's picture

Tyson

image

jon71 wrote:

I love the Ray Stevens, "would JESUS wear a Rolex". That's actually got a great (and very true) message. Just for laughts I'm pretty sure he has one titled "get your tongue out of my mouth, I'm kissing you goodbye". Also I've had this in my head for so many years I forget if I came up with it or a friend did, or if we heard it some where.

 

(to the tune of "yesterday" by the Beatles).

 

Leprosy. All my skin is falling off of me.

I'm not half the man I used to be,

oh, I've contracted, Leprosy.

 

Ha ha. Or conversely:

 

Syphillis. It all started with just a kiss.

Now it hurts to take a piss.

Oh I believe in syphillis. 

trishcuit's picture

trishcuit

image

 Be careful here folks. Somebody might laugh and spit out their coffee all over their keyboard. No more Wonder Cafe for them.

Elanorgold's picture

Elanorgold

image

I like "a huge ever pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld" by the Orb. Great title, great piece of music.

Tiger Lily's picture

Tiger Lily

image

May the Bird of Paradise Fly up your Nose

 

-Little Jimmy Dickens

SG's picture

SG

image

If I learned nothing playing in honky tonks in Texas it is that C & W music is full of some great titles. You have stuff about break-ups like She Got the Gold MIne, I Got the Shaft (Jerry Reed)My favourite  break-up song is (Get Your Tongue Outta of My Mouth, 'Cause I'm) Kissing You Goodbye.

 

The late John Denver had a great routine about this 

 

The songs about trying to make love work and keeping the passion alive are touching, like It’s Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night that Chew Your Ass Out All Day Long.

 

There are great gospel cuts that did not make VU or MVU, like Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through The Goalposts Of Life (Bobby Bare)

ninjafaery's picture

ninjafaery

image

Remember me my darlin', when spring is in the air,

And the bald-headed birds are whispering everywhere.

You can see them walking southward in their dirty underwear.

That's the Tennessee Birdwalk.

Northwind's picture

Northwind

image

LOL StevieG. I am going to have to listen to the entire clip. One I heard from him was "If you think you've reached the bottom, just look down". What a great line!

jon71's picture

jon71

image

consumingfire V3.0 wrote:

jon71 wrote:

I love the Ray Stevens, "would JESUS wear a Rolex". That's actually got a great (and very true) message. Just for laughts I'm pretty sure he has one titled "get your tongue out of my mouth, I'm kissing you goodbye". Also I've had this in my head for so many years I forget if I came up with it or a friend did, or if we heard it some where.

 

(to the tune of "yesterday" by the Beatles).

 

Leprosy. All my skin is falling off of me.

I'm not half the man I used to be,

oh, I've contracted, Leprosy.

 

Ha ha. Or conversely:

 

Syphillis. It all started with just a kiss.

Now it hurts to take a piss.

Oh I believe in syphillis. 

 

I love it, how hilarious.

seeler's picture

seeler

image

ninjafaery - I just love the Tennessee Birdwalk.

 

My favourite religious title:   Jesus' brother Bob

ninjafaery's picture

ninjafaery

image

seeler wrote:

ninjafaery - I just love the Tennessee Birdwalk.

 

Me too.  I laugh myself silly when I hear it.

Back to Social topics
cafe